Sold By Warren Ramsey
Ten Mile 598 Acres on 9 Titles
Ten Mile is arguably one of the best grazing properties in the Fassifern Valley. This Deceased Estate is located 45 minutes from the Brisbane Airport with easy highway access and is for sale at $3.5 million. This historic property is rich in history with the name Ten Mile signifying the boundary of the Limestone Hill Penal Colony and No Man's Land until the end of the convict era in 1839. The ruins of the convict built bridge still stands today across the Warrill Creek. Allan Cunningham crossed this property on his expedition to Cunningham's Gap in 1829 and makes mention of Ten Mile's highly valued Swamp which his team of 8 men had to navigate around in his journals. The magnificent homestead is in a commanding position with 360 degree panoramic views of Mount Flinders and the Range. The homestead was designed to encapsulate the scenic views from every room.
* Homestead on one of 9 Titles
* 9 bedrooms
* 3 bathrooms + powder room
* Massive kitchen with walk-in pantry
* Casual family room
* Formal lounge and dining with fireplace
* Vaulted ceilings to the living area
* Sewing room and laundry with storage
* Rumpus / bar, bathroom and study separated from the house by a breeze way
* Wide verandas and private courtyard garden
* Car accommodation for 8 vehicles with portico entrance and detached office and store room
The homestead was built in 1988 by builder Ray Angus and designed by architect Chris Moynihan. Over the years the property has been vacant and is in need of a freshen up and general maintenance. The whole house is constructed of double brick and all of the joinery is timber.
* Bordering Warrill Creek with a 98 mega litre water licence
* 2 bores bore 1 is approx. 60 ft. down with 7000 gallons per hour capacity, currently it is set up with a submersible pump and pumping 1200 gallons per hour that services livestock troughs through the property and the house
* Bore 2- is approx. 70 ft. down and has the capacity of 15000 gallons per hour. This bore is not currently in use
* Ten Mile is fenced into several paddocks with all fences in good condition
* There are 3 Sheds on the property, a massive machinery shed with concrete floor and 3 phase power and 2 smaller feed, equipment sheds
* Timber cattle yards with a plunge dip, loading ramps and holding yards
* There is underground pipework and hydrants in place in several paddocks all ready to reinstate irrigation
* With many features left unmentioned one must inspect to truly appreciate the quality of this drought resistant grazing property so central to Brisbane, Toowoomba and Warwick.
Call Amy Winks today to arrange a private inspection.
8 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.