Sold By Amie Palmer, Aidan Wales & Warren Ramsey
- 6 Beds
- 4 Baths
- 8 Cars
What an exceptional opportunity this is. The locally adored and widely renowned Booval House is on the market for immediate sale. The home has been cherished with every aspect significantly improved over the decades the current owners have owned the property. However a serious commitment has been made to sell.
Built in 1857-1859, it is privately set back on an immaculately landscaped 4,818m2 allotment. This magnificently crafted masterpiece holds its own wealth of history and has been restored to its former beauty attracting awards including the John Herbert Memorial Gold Award for Heritage Conservation - the highest award for the National Trust in Queensland.
This property has an expansive layout consisting of the Booval House, the two-storey East Wing Annex, garage/workroom wing, sulky shed and lean-to, fernery, orchid house and the leafy summer house.
The Special Uses (SU) 80 zoning adds huge opportunity to use the grounds commercially with some potential uses being a function centre, catering caf, accommodation (Airbnb), religious/musical/education centre, professional/medical offices to name a few.
Please email the agents for the comprehensive Information Memorandum which includes more information on private and commercial uses plus an extensive history.
• 5 upstairs bedrooms, 2 with en-suites
• 3 bathrooms plus another 3 toilets with basin facilities
• 4 downstairs living areas - parlour/music room, dining room, drawing room and library
• Large modern kitchen, equipped with gas cook top, electric oven, dishwasher, and original 1890 fireplace
• Large original wine cellar with box' or storage room above
• Built in linen cupboards on top floor
• Large wrap around verandahs on both the top and bottom floors
• Exceptionally high 3.3m ceilings
• Original wide Cedar architraves and doors throughout
• Original Hoop Pine flooring throughout the top floor
• 6 fireplaces (3 used, 3 cleaned but sealed)
• 2 street vehicle access (Cothill Road and French street)
EAST WING ANNEX
• Ground floor: large function room/living area ground floor, with kitchenette and bathroom/toilet, with double French door access to northern verandah
• Top floor: Large open plan bedroom/living area/retreat top - plus storage
WORKROOMS AND GARAGE WING:
- 1 lockup garage
- 3 open garages
- Large workroom/storage shed
- Elevated location capturing breezes and spectacular outlooks
- Surrounded by well maintained homes on a quiet street
- 4kms* to the Ipswich CBD
- Very easy highway access towards Brisbane CBD
- Neighbouring Sacred Heart School, close to many other primary and high schools
- Easy access to major shopping precincts
Please contact the agents to arrange your private viewing or to seek open home dates and times.
Warren Ramsey 0412 266 304
Aidan Wales 0428 785 104
Amie Palmer 0407 799 442
8 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.