Inspection and auction details
Auction location: Ray White Corporate: Level 26, 111 Eagle Street, Brisbane
Glendalough Circa 1910'
- 4 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 3 Cars
The year was 1910 when Thomas and Mary Bulcock (The local store owners) purchased this 1.25 acres on Rosewoods' most prominent intersection.
The original home was a 6 room dwelling with relatively grand features. The Bulcocks' designed an extension to both the North and South of the property, with the major emphasis of standing out from their neighbour, and they did.
The property of more recent times has won several Heritage awards as you will appreciate once you have visited.
From the gabled portico over the front stairs to the grand hallway, Glendalough oozes grandeur. Off to the right through an area that could be used as a study, is the 5.3m wide octagonal bedroom. On the Southside of the formal areas is the huge billiard room, currently being used as the library.
The property is now equipped with a modern kitchen, bathroom and laundry with polished floors throughout. Other features include:
- Pressed metal ceilings throughout
- Octagonal master bedroom
- 2 large verandahs
- Main verandah, south east aspect
- Side verandah, private northern aspect with access from bedrooms and octagonal master bedroom
- Large allotment with numerous well established palm trees (90 years old)
- Wrought iron verandah rails
- Second toilet underneath
- Insulated room underneath currently used as wine cellar
- Spacious lockable work/tool room
- Rain water tank as well as town water
- Heritage & National trust listed
- Winner of several prestigious Heritage awards
- Original light fittings and coloured glass windows
- Window seats with ornate wood rails under library bay windows
- 3 car accommodation
- Coloured glass originally from Belgium, in several rooms, giving a spectacular range of colours throughout the day
and night with the sash windows.
After 20 years in the current family, it is now time to let someone else enjoy Glendalough.
Auction Venue: Ray White Corporate
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
5,410m² / 1.34 acres
3 garage spaces
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.